Universal Shield 4.4 by Everstrike Software is the ultimate protection tool for your computer - hide files, folders, and drives, and set access rules using flexible security combinations for your most precious data. A unique feature of Universal Shield is the perfect combination of data hiding and encrypting. This feature is very important nowadays when everybody knows that information is money, and information security and protection is very important. The program has been especially designed to be the most flexible security tool on the market, suitable both for home use and in corporate environments. Universal Shield features include hiding files, folders, and drives on a local computer from local users, including administrators; setting access rights for particular files and disks; and preventing the deletion of specific files. Password-protect your data, program start-up, or program uninstall. Secure your data not only from local users, but network and Internet users as well. Use hotkeys to show and hide folders without actually running the program. Or, run the program in Stealth mode so that other users do not know about it. Set trusted processes, which will not be under protection; for example, some program will work with the hidden data, but users are unable to access that data. The new Universal Shield 4.4 version includes a variety of new features. Data encryption is processed with the help of nine algorithms. A variety of security tricks is available as well - you can prohibit access to folders like My Documents, Favorites, and History, as well as restrict access to the Control Panel, or prevent desktop and date/time adjustment. The new version also contains a wizard, which includes an option of restricting personal folders and settings, as well as files/folders/drives protection, a hiding expert, and a data encryption master. Universal Shield runs on Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, 2003 Server, XP, 2000 (all 32 & 64-bit editions).
» version 4.4.1 - posted on 2011-03-18
Version 4.4.1 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
» version 4.2 - posted on 2008-01-15
Now works with Windows Vista.
Trusted Users - access to protected data for trusted users.
The protection on removable disks is now enabled after the computer is restarted or a disk is mapped.
Fixed the encryption problem on removable disks.
Perfect Disk 8 support.
Fixed minor bugs.
EULA - End User License Agreement
1. This Software License Agreement (the "Agreement") is a legal agreement between you, the end-user ("Licensee"), and Authors of this software ("Authors"). By using this software ("Universal Shield") or storing it on a computer hard drive (or other type of media), you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
2. UNIVERSAL SHIELD IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE UNIVERSAL SHIELD AT YOUR OWN RISK. Everstrike Software hereby disclaims all warranties and guarantees regarding the use, or the results of use, of Universal Shield in terms of correctness, accuracy, reliability or otherwise. Everstrike Software will not be responsible for any incidental, consequential, direct or indirect damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, business interruption and loss of information resulting from the correct or otherwise use of Universal Shield even if Everstrike Software has been advised of the possibility of such damages. By installing Universal Shield you acknowledge that you have read this disclaimer, understood it, and you agree to be bound by its terms and conditions. You also agree that the disclaimer is the complete and exclusive statement of agreement between the parties and supersede all proposals or prior agreements, oral or written, and any other communications between the parties relating to the subject matter of the disclaimer.
3. All copyrights to " Universal Shield" are exclusively owned by the authors - Everstrike Software.
4. You are welcome to test the trial version of the program for 30 days. This gives you plenty of time to try out the program on your own system. After you test the trial version, you are required to license this product and discontinue use of the trial version. Only the trial version of Universal Shield may be distributed freely on online services, bulletin boards, or other electronic media as long as the files are distributed in their entirety.
5. After purchasing, Everstrike Software grants you a non-exclusive license to use one copy of the software, on one computer, and make one copy of it for archival purposes. For purposes of this section, "use" means loading the software into RAM, as well as installation on a hard disk or other storage device. You may access the software from a hard disk, or any other method you choose, so long as you otherwise comply with this agreement. You may not install the licensed version of the software onto a network server or in any other way make it available to more than one user at a time unless you have arranged in advance for a multi-user license; make copies of the software other than one backup copy solely for archival purposes; sell, furnish, transmit, or give away the software such that the software is exploited in a commercial way; or sublicense, rent, lease, or otherwise market the software. You may permanently transfer the software to another owner only by providing written notice of such transfer to Everstrike Software.
6. You may not alter this software in any way, including emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, changing or removing any messages or windows, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the licensed program, or any subset of the licensed program, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in severe criminal and/or civil prosecution.
7. An upgrade replaces a previous version. It does not provide an additional license. When upgrading you must cease using the previous version, and also ensure that it is not used by anybody else.
8. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by the Authors.
9. The terms of this license, as well as the Universal Shield interface design, documentation, and coding are subjects of changes in future versions of Universal Shield without any prior notice.
10. Installing and using Universal Shield signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions of the license. If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must remove Universal Shield files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.